Sunday, May 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Jaron!


Well. This has been a work-filled week. And I’m supposed to be on summer break! The end result was worth it, though. We finally updated, unpacked, and cleaned enough of the house to allow guests to see what’s been hogging all of our time.

We had originally hoped to have a party at my birthday, in March, and have everyone over, but the house was definitely not ready then. So, we pushed the party back to Jaron’s birthday, last Tuesday, and we just barely made it.

Over the last two weeks, we finished the scraping, plastering, sanding, plastering, sanding texturing fun of the paper bag wall. Then we painted it, and I’m completely in love with the color!





Jaron stayed busy cutting and hanging the moulding, while I came behind him caulking and patching it all. I successfully replaced six outlets, seven light switches, and one doorbell without getting shocked. Jaron also worked hard hanging all the new doors and knobs. I think those doors make the biggest difference—they just make a whole room, hallway, whatever, look so new! It’s great!

 Overall we didn’t have any major hang-ups. It’s rather surprising now that I think about it, actually. The biggest time-consumer was just sifting through all the papers and piles of “temporary” holding spots that appeared while all the bookshelves and filing cabinets gathered dust in the basement.   
Hallway from the bedroom
Hallway from the kitchen
 

 















I think Jaron had a good birthday party. :)




Complete with flowers from our yard!
 






And we went scuba diving!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the birthdays and finishing the updates on your house! Everything looks great! And it is even more awesome that you did it by yourselves. Way to go! Glad things are going well for both of you.

    ReplyDelete