Sunday, January 29, 2012

Lights and Mice

This week has been a crazy one… just busy as ever.  Jaron’s getting ready to go on his trip to Sweden, so he’s had to attend a handful of extra meetings at random hours of the morning and night. That’s where he is right now, actually. I got to spend some extra time at school for the 5th Grade Preview night—those little kiddos are too cute! J
Yesterday we changed two of the light fixtures in the kitchen. We took out the gold, old one over the sink and replaced it with this one:
Old

New

We also took down the new fluorescent fixture we put up last weekend. We were hoping this track lighting would look cool…but it doesn’t. I think it’s too many little lights too close together. So, we’re back to the drawing board, again…ug. Hopefully we can find a replacement this week. I feel so un-style-savvy—I have no idea what will look nice up there. Third time’s a charm, right? If anybody has ideas, please let me know!


















Jaron also dug a trench through the yard (which I forgot to get a picture of when it was daylight) to drain off the water the sump pump was spitting out. The water had just been sinking back down to where it came from… We didn’t think it was the most efficient system. So, now we have a mini moat for the mice to cross before they get to our house.




Yes, we think we have mice.
We’ve been hearing little squeakings and clawings in the ceiling above our bedroom. 
 Plus, we found some droppings in the old light fixtures we just threw out. 

 Today I heard something run from one end of the house to the other. 
We set some traps earlier in the week but checked them today and found nothing.  
As you can see, the attic is perfect for nesting rodents…who knows if we’ll ever be able to get them out. As long as they stay where I can't see them, maybe we can get along together…maybe.  

1 comment:

  1. use peanut butter on the traps! THat is what we used. and we sometimes put a chocolate chip on it. We had six!!! Yucky!

    ReplyDelete